Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm breathing

It’s not often that I feel nothing for someone. Isn’t that the ultimate insult to someone? To not be able to feel love or even hatred for someone. To feel absolutely nothing for that person.

I think some people deserve that.

I’ve recently had someone question my integrity. In the past when someone has done this, I’ve been very angry and wanted to set them straight. Yet with this someone I found that I was unable to care. They meant so little to me that I couldn’t even bring myself to respond.

The question is, does this reflect badly upon that someone or me?

I heard in a song once, “This is how it works; you’re young until you’re not. You love until you don’t, you try until you can’t. You laugh until you cry, you cry until you laugh. And everyone must breathe, until they’re dying breath.”

Have I stopped loving and trying? I know I still can, but it would seem I’ve stopped and have just been breathing. Perhaps I’m just waiting for that person that will make me start again…

No comments: